Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Heart Like His

Well our study ended tonight and I am so blue. I get so involved with the study book and the subject we are studying. I always feel lost when we finish -
Tonight's video was of course God's perfect timing. The video was on the 23rd Psalm. Perfect....God is my Shepherd... God is my Host.
Before class we received some bad news regarding a family member. We had been praying for him for quite some time. When you pray for healing and just believe so hard and then the answer comes back worse than you imagined. Yes, it is cancer. In the bone, liver and kidney. Oh how my heart aches for them. I pray for God to comfort them as they go through this battle. Faith....I must put my faith in Him that He is God and I am not.
My mom is dealing with a bad test result and we thought we would know something yesterday, but no - we will go back for another test on Monday. Waiting and praying.
Tonight in the video Beth had a staff, actually it was a vine that was kind of twisted at the top and then came down. Keith had found it wrapped around a branch. She showed it and placed a branch in the middle of the twisted part of it. As I type this tears are rolling down my cheeks as she placed the branch in the vine. Jesus is the vine, and I am the branch. He tells me to abide in Him. As the branch, the thought of being completely wrapped in Jesus is such a precious thought to me. Why or how could I choose any other place to be?
One more thing - wholehearted devotion - not to have a divided heart, but a "whole" heart. I texted a friend today that I want a heart that is moldable, soft clay, and a willing servant. I do not want a heart that is like play- doh when it is hard dried up and crumbly! yuck -
I wrote down tonight that to know God is to seek Him, with my mind - and to love God with my heart - He "is" (not "was") my Shepherd. Present tense. He takes care of me, He makes me alive, He guides me down the right path, He is with me, even in the darkest journey. God is the Host and I am the guest. Jesus will arrange (prepare) the table, I will sit at the table and my enemies will be forced to watch as God anoints my head with oil, and my cup will overflow, God fills me up! Surely goodness and love will follow me - another word for follow is pursue. God's love and mercy will always out run the enemy. And to dwell in the house of the LORD forever. amen
love you, pl

No comments:

Followers

Why Christ is my Passion

The more I seek Christ in my walk, the more I find Him -
Psalm 18:1-2
I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
thank u Jesus