Saturday, April 30, 2011

2 Samuel 22





We have been doing the Bible study, A Heart Like His, by Beth Moore. The life of David has been amazing how much in this study it has applied to me and my life, Christ and His life and just the fact that David was human, but loved God and his desire to be in God's presence.


Our homework for one day was to read 2 Samuel 22 and the first assignment was to list every single name, object, or role by which David referred to God in this chapter. It was the song above that kept coming to my mind. I cannot remember which Beth Moore conference it was that they played this song and the words flashed on a black screen huge in white letters just coming at us - needless to say this song impacted me huge!


From 2 Samuel 22 these are the ones I found:


Wonderful Rock, Fortress, Deliverer, Shield,


Glorious Stronghold, Refuge, Savior,


Holy My God, Most High, My Lamp!


Here are the words from the song:


Righteous


Victorious


Conqueror


Triumphant


Mighty


Healer


Deliverer


Shield and Defense


Strong Tower


and My Best Friend


Omnipotent


Omnipresent


King


Alpha Omega


Lord of everything


Holy, Holy, Holy is Your Name!


This chapter is almost identical and found in Psalm 18 - one major difference is the Psalms starts out with:


Psalm 18:1 - I love you, O LORD, my strength.


Wow how I pray that every breath I take will be to tell God, I love you.....


If you want to inhale a dose of power, go read 2 Samuel 22 out loud and in your mind the image that David paints of our God is fabulous! Love it, Love God, have a blessed week -pl

No comments:

Followers

Why Christ is my Passion

The more I seek Christ in my walk, the more I find Him -
Psalm 18:1-2
I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
thank u Jesus