Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A New Journey

Wow - it's been a while since my last post.  I pray you all had a very Merry Christmas and that the new year will bring many blessings.  In praying for what my "one word" for 2013 will be, I pray that God will direct me to choose the word I need to learn from.  Greg got me a new Bible this Christmas.  I asked for it, but I have had trouble in putting my old Bible away!  I looked to see when I got it, and it was in 1998 - Mom and Dad gave it to me at Christmas.  Wow, 14 years with the same Bible.  I can't explain how much I love this Bible.  I have so many notes, memories, highlights.  I can say that I believe that I am missing some things because of my highlights.  My eyes tend to go straight to the highlighted parts and skip over the other non-highlighted words.  God has much to teach me and I am ready for the new journey with a new Bible and a new version!  I think I may keep them both handy for a while and just use both, a slow transition. :-)
TRUST
This was my word for 2012 and I felt the need to type out just what God has taught me this year on this one word! The biggest lesson is that only God's love is unfailing. Is. 30:15 In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength.
Coming into 2012 I was grieving for a dear friend, God taught me about life and death. Health and sickness. Joy and Hope. I think of Becky's contagious Joy often.
Cortney and her husband Greg happily married, Cortney just got a promotion and will graduate next December with her Masters.
Brennon my middle son graduated from Pharmacy school and was blessed with a wonderful job. Treg headed into his senior year, and is having a great year so far.
Greg is still loving his job. I am praying that God will bless us with a mission we can do together. Growing closer to God.
I got to work my first Kairos in July, I learned a lot and it has helped me in how I view others.
I was blessed to get to have the opportunity to teach  a group of high school girls on the book So long Insecurity. A group of ladies got together and it was a journey that changed my life! I felt so inadequate, but I "trusted" in God and oh my did He ever bless it.
We went through a tough time in October - my Daddy had hip replacement surgery and at the same time my Uncle Duane, Greg's Uncle Jett, and our sweet Mamaw all went to be with Jesus.  It was a time when I truly felt we were walking through the valley of the shadow of death, but God never left our side.  Mamaw suffered so much in the end and it was heart wrenching to just sit by and wait.  I did learn more about the process of death and how the body works.  We grew closer as a family and God gave a strength and peace that only He can give. 
I was honored to get to work a Walk to Emmaus and that experience was life changing.  Our scripture focus was on Nehemiah 8:10 the joy of the LORD is your strength. God is so faithful and He knows what we need.  The friends that He has placed in my life and the wonderful things I have learned this year have been such a blessing and changed my outlook on life.
I read the book in December by Stormie Omartian - Lead Me, Holy Spirit. It has absolutely changed my way of thinking.  It is a great study book to do on your own. Here is a quote from the book:
Faith speaks to something you don't yet see as if it has already happened.  What looks life defeat will become a major victory, even if you cannot imagine how that can happen. Faith means turning from everything else you have trusted in and putting your trust in God. God allows certain things in our lives to strengthen and mature us. He sees the good He can bring out of any difficult situation. He has a place of peace for us in the midst of any trial if we put our faith in Him and seek Him.
If God places a person on your heart, then respond, don't wait!  I have seen first hand the blessing it is in listening to the nudges of God.
The studies that we did in 2012 I must say God just opened my eyes to so much truth! We prayed and did a project that I am sure many thought was "crazy" - but we got a glimpse of God is working in that persons heart. Woohoo --  I love you God and will continue to pray for the eyes to see and a heart that is open to Your Way.
I must share that the lady that I mentioned in my last post has passed away.  A young life, a vapor, life is very uncertain. My prayers are with her 3 children and the family.

In this looking back over 2012 I must say that my faith is stronger and I can honestly say that if you seek God and "trust" in Him, the scripture Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  just do it.
 I got some news this month that has challenged my "trust".  But after much prayer, and God constantly bringing scriptures to my mind, I know that God is in control, that God is bigger, and that I must TRUST in Him. I find my mind wandering, worrying into the what ifs...but I must just lay it at Jesus feet and know that God loves me. I pray that I will be the vessel, and God give me the strength to let His light shine through me. love u

No comments:

Followers

Why Christ is my Passion

The more I seek Christ in my walk, the more I find Him -
Psalm 18:1-2
I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
thank u Jesus