Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Temporary

I cannot watch this video without it getting to me - I love how it is a reminder that our time here on earth is....Temporary.  God is shaking up my little world - as I blogged about our Jonah study and now on the book of Nehemiah, I am being pushed beyond my safe little comfort zone!  I can honestly say that if you pray for God to open your eyes and ears to the lost and hurting....He will.  My "one word" that I have been focusing on this year is Trust - I have written down scriptures with this word and tried to learn from God regarding this word and what and how I apply it to my daily walk.
  Trust...
John 14:1 - Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. (Jesus speaking)
Psalm 32:10 Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in Him. ( I drew a circle with my name in middle and the word trust, and on outside of circle I wrote God's unfailing love)
Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.  ( my heart trusts)
Isaiah 12:2 Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. ( I love how these last 2 vs. refer to the LORD is my strength)
Ok - I pray that this will make sense what I want to share - their are so many people in our daily lives that we come in contact with.  It is being brought to my attention how many people that I just walk right by without even a second glance.  A situation was brought to my heart that I needed to go and pray with a lady that has been on our church prayer list and is not getting better.  I do not personally know this lady, but I  obeyed and went.  I had some sweet ladies that God placed by my side to go with me. We walked into her hospital room (dressed in blue vinyl gowns and blue latex gloves) and proceeded to explain how complete strangers had been called to come and pray with her. God had placed it on my heart so heavy to tell her that God loves her....and I obeyed, I did tell her, looked deep in her eyes and said it.... what I saw in her eyes.....hopelessness....I have been haunted by this - I am in deep prayer over this and I ask you to help pray that God will guide me to do and say the right things.  I want to go back, I want to make sure like in the video that when her time comes, she will "smile and say I see God's face."  Oh, the sheer urgency I feel to want her to have an eternal hope, please God give me your words to speak.  It seems that so many people feel unworthy, that they have done to much bad to ever be able to be forgiven - what a lie satan has feed them. Jesus blood can cover any sin -   The song Jesus friend of sinners - there is a line in this song that terrifies me, it refers to a - "a plank-eyed saint". Isn't that a scary image - to think that you are a Christian but you are so blinded that you cannot see the lost and lonely?  The scary part in trying to figure out more about this lady, I did some research and came across several times in my job on the civil side I have seen her - I had no recollection of it. Oh how I pray for forgiveness, that God will help me to be more aware, to speak kindness, to notice people, for my life to be God's love pouring down into me and overflowing out my heart.
The song from King and Country about love, they quote 1 Corinthians, that we can do all these good things but without love it means Nothing!
Love - this is what I pray to have a "Love" for the lost and lonely.  I believe this is where my "one word" is coming into action -- Trusting in God is the only way - His strength,  His love,  His words, because on my own I would surely fail.  This life is temporary, but we are called to share the Good News - I am the most unlikely person that is equipped for this, but I am learning that it is God who does the equipping. I have to remind myself in the Bible that God does use some of the most unlikely characters! I am trying  to remember that....His unfailing love surrounds me, that He is my strength and my shield, that He will direct my steps. 
 i love you, pl

No comments:

Followers

Why Christ is my Passion

The more I seek Christ in my walk, the more I find Him -
Psalm 18:1-2
I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
thank u Jesus