Monday, October 31, 2011

Becky Lu

Becky Lu showing her beautiful creation -

Kasity showing her scripture album with her love tree...
 DeeDee and Ann having fun - we have grown so close and had to laugh at each other just a tad....
 Bea - the expert!  She was fast and gott'er done. Always bubbling with joy and smiles-
Kathy working hard, smiling joyfully, and cutting away!  Such sweet memories.
These pictures are from a scripture flip album class that we had in April 2010. 
My heart is so full of sadness and also full of joy for my dear sweet friend Becky.  She left her earthly body and leaped into her precious Saviors arms last night. Cancer didn't win, God overcame! How fitting that she went to meet her Lord on a Sunday.  I cannot imagine my life without her - she brought such joy, laughter, creativity, excitement, wisdom, fun, and what an amazing prayer warrior!  Becky had such a passion for Christ and a love for anyone that came into her path.  She was a dear friend to me and I am honored to have been blessed with her friendship.  As tears are pouring from my eyes, I just have to share the way that God works His Word into our lives when we seek Him.
This morning got up early and was doing Bible study and had earlier texted some friends with the news of Becky.  Ann  texted me back and said she was on a certain page in our Bible study book (exact same page as I was on) the question in our workbook was "When all seems lost, when a terminal disease is diagnosed, when a loved one dies, what does Jesus reveal at the well of heartache (John 11:25)?
John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;
Amazing what comfort and a peace that came over me.  God gently reminding me that yes Becky believed with all her heart, and even though she died....she lives!!!!!
Then in our Jesus calling it gave the scripture of John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."
K-love exact same scripture of the day except different translation -
Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.'Then later on in our workbook  it talked about the Samaritan woman at the well in John 4:28-30 "leaving her jar" - speaking of our water jar, "Leave them (water jar) at the well and be filled with Him. Then, my friend, when you get jostled, what spills out will be life-giving, life-sustaining water.
Just let God fill us....Becky lived her life allowing God's living water just to flow straight from her....
Isn't God the most amazing, loving, compassionate, knowing God.
I ask that you please pray for Becky's daughter Amber, her parents, and all of her family and the tons of friends that loved her dearly.
Becky Lu, my sweet precious friend I thank you for the example you have been in my life. I pray you are dancing with your sweet son Brian, and I know that you are spreading your joy and letting your light shine in heaven! Words cannot express what my heart is feeling at this moment - I love you bunches and will miss you always.

1 comment:

Beatrice said...

Paige, thank you for the memories. I love reading your posts you have a gift in sharing in your writings. I will miss Becky alot but am so happy that God gave me the opportunity to meet such a great friend. Like you am blessed to have shared scripture and fellowship in our favorite hobby with Becky. We will miss her dearly.

Followers

Why Christ is my Passion

The more I seek Christ in my walk, the more I find Him -
Psalm 18:1-2
I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
thank u Jesus