Sunday, April 11, 2010

Oh my look what we've been up to....LTC

McKenzie and Evanny (on the right) - I love this pic because this was Evanny's first time to ever do LTC or even to get to go to Six Flags - on the bus I turned around and was watching her little face as we pulled up to Six Flags - it thrilled my soul to see the look in her eyes and the smile on her face! She had a great time. When we met back to leave she was so excited she had so much to tell me - Such a darling little girl -
Dominique and Taylor Holt -this was Dominique's first time for LTC and I think he enjoyed it!
Gabby and Cade - it was a joy to be around such good mannered high school kids -
Raney stacking cups - she is in my Sunday morning class and pretty quite, I finally got her to warm up to me on the bus and she has the sweetest little spirit - I love to watch little girls and the way they are so amazing - something about her reminded me of my Cortney - she has a definite style already and very independent. Thank you sweet Jesus for little girls. I pray that she will always know that she is a princess in Jesus' eyes.
Haden was so precious, I have not had a chance to get to be around him and know his little personality - oh my he is so funny and kept me in stitches laughing the whole trip. He can make the cutest little expressions - he was a trooper and such a sweetheart!
Greg and Maddie at Six Flags - I cannot handle rides that go round and round so Greg got to be the "cool" dude that got to ride all the rides. I stood and tried to watch and not get dizzy! Greg is so crammed in that little car, bless his sweet heart he had a blast with the Franklin girls

This is the 3rd and 4th grade puppet group right before they went in for the competition. I had this group for Bible Bowl and I can honestly say I fell in love with each precious child in this picture. We studied the book of 2 Samuel and I tried to bring God's Word alive to them. Oh I how love God's children!

Ok this pic is so funny - we were waiting for the puppets to start and Greg and Kate got bored. Kate had a new pair of "twinkle toe" shoes and she and Greg decided to switch shoes - too funny!

Treg and Kori Holt -

We had just got to Six Flags and I was so excited! Greg of course being silly...
LTC - stands for Leadership Training for Christ - we took 18 kids and at least that many sponsors and teachers. We have Bible bowl - a test that has 75 Bible questions on the book of the Bible for that year - Puppets, Song leading, Signing language to a hymn, drama, speech, art and many other events the kids compete and have a chance at winning gold, silver, or bronze. The main purpose it to teach them to be leaders and for them to learn to be strong Christian leaders.
I can honestly say that God has blessed me. How I pray that each child will come to know and love God. That seeds were planted and God will become "real" for each child. Please Father hear our prayers.

No comments:

Followers

Why Christ is my Passion

The more I seek Christ in my walk, the more I find Him -
Psalm 18:1-2
I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
thank u Jesus