Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2 Posts in 1

Ok - first post - Monday night we started the new Breaking Free Bible Study - Yeah - I have missed our study nights something terrible - I knew when I read the key text for this study that God had something "big" in store for us. Isaiah 61:1-4 The Year of the LORD's Favor
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God,

to comfort all who mourn, 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.
4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated;
they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations.
I am telling you when I read this I knew....just knew this study was going to be huge. Look at all the rich promises in this above passage. This study is going to help deliver us from our own strongholds that we are holding on to instead of God. I personally have so many issues I am not sure what is in store for me, but I know God knows and I am so ready for Him to deal with all my unhealthy "issues". We met and the workbook had suggested that we memorize Gal. 5:1 and so before class I printed out everyone a card with the Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. We are going to try to memorize our scriptures with this study - ok so we watched the introduction video and had an amazing prayer time and when everyone left we all were so excited. I realized later that night that I had not read my Praying God's Word day by day, so.... I read January 25 - I copied (highlighted below in blue) the exact devo for the exact day we started our study:

GOD CARES MORE FOR OUR FREEDOM THAN EVEN WE DO. HE INITIATED THE SAVING RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HIS PEOPLE AND THEIR LIBERATOR.
O Lord, like David, help me rejoice in Your strength and say of You, "How great is my joy in the victories You give!" Father, please grant me the desire of my heart to be free from the strongholds in my life. Do not withhold the request of my lips (Ps. 21-1-2). For I know that my old self was crucified with You, so that this body of sin might be done away with, that I should no longer be a slave to sin - because anyone who has died has been freed from sin (Romans 6:6-7). I acknowledge that it is for freedom that Christ has set me free. Your desire is for me to stand firm and not let myself be burdened again by the yoke of slavery (Gal. 5:1). Help me, Lord. Empower me!
I am telling you when I read this I about jumped out of my skin! God loves to show us His power. How exciting that He even used the exact scripture - God is so amazing... I humbly bow at His feet and want to worship Him forever..... this thought takes me to Isaiah 6 - where Isaiah sees the LORD seated on His throne and the angels calling "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty: the whole earth is full of His glory." and the angels voices shook the temple - Isaiah said, "Woe to me! I am ruined or (undone)! For I am a man of unclean lips and I live among a people with unclean lips, and "my" eyes have seen The KING, the LORD Almighty. Just like Isaiah, as we are learning in our homework, God calls the least likely, the unworthy and with that said I just might have a chance. I cannot tell you how blessed I feel that Jesus blood flows over me continually cleansing me, and the gift of His Spirit filling my life. I pray that my eyes and heart will "Break Free" from the chains put on by Satan. As the above quote says, "Help me, Lord. Empower me!" luv ya, pl

2nd post......
I got a new Card Creations idea book and it shows how to make the inside of your cards match the outside - Here is my first my pics posted backwards and I am too lazy to go back and fix... so the trees are the front of the card and the house is the inside -I used all CTMH products.





Here is my second card - one of my favorites! The front is of course the "Owl always" and then you open it up to "Love You" ....much cuter in person -








Ok the next card, I took a flower and cut 2 petals off - thus making the heart - the inside reads - ...and they lived happily ever after. I used a new paper pack on this card -















I love to create - these ideas came from my new idea book and I just changed them up using Close to My Heart products - Enjoy.

No comments:

Followers

Why Christ is my Passion

The more I seek Christ in my walk, the more I find Him -
Psalm 18:1-2
I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
thank u Jesus