Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall

It's that time of year when the air gets crisp and the leaves on the trees start to turn. I love it, the cool mornings and then the warm afternoons. Football games, Harvest Festival, pumpkins, I love the holidays, I love to bake and enjoy this time of year. How lucky we are that we don't have to dread fall - in the past this time of year I called myself a "harvest widow" Greg was busy with peanut harvest - but now thanks be to God, we can enjoy this time together and enjoy! God has blessed me so richly - Seasons of change - you can try to hold on to summer or look forward to fall, enjoy the change and find the good in it. I am so thankful that God didn't make the earth to stay with just one season, but as one comes to an end, we see the signs of the next season on it's way.
Sisters Keeper
I just finished up the book "My Sister's Keeper" - ugh - I wanted to see the movie and someone said oh read the book first....so I did and finished it today. Oh my - what a twisted ending that I didn't expect! It has made me think about being a Mom and how you treat your kids, on the way we look and try to hold on to life, and most of all it made me sad to read a book that was "not" focused and had a hope of God. Maybe some of you read it differently, it was tough to read through some of it (which some words and ideas I skimmed over) - I think a lot about my kids - - I wish I knew then what I know now - I just can pray that my uncontainable love for Jesus will be seen by them and they will know I do love them!

A Gift of Grace
I had to go to Austin this past week for training, a one night trip - when I got home on the bar was a fed ex pkg. Greg said it was from Cortney (my daughter) I opened it up and it was a book, "100 Reasons Why a daughter needs a Mom" as you can guess I started to cry. She had written a little note that said she loved and missed me. I called and thanked her, and then I got down on my knees and thanked God. I am so undeserving, and yet He still blesses me! I am so thankful that Cort is a thoughtful, loving very giving person. When they leave home you can only hope you instilled good in them, and you have to give them back to God....I am so thankful she is in His Hands.

I love my kids, I miss the 2 that are not living at home, I am counting the days down until we will meet in the "middle" 10-24 -

No comments:

Followers

Why Christ is my Passion

The more I seek Christ in my walk, the more I find Him -
Psalm 18:1-2
I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
thank u Jesus