Tuesday, August 4, 2009

How I wish I could gather you back under my wings....

How fast time goes by... I only have one kid at home, and he will be a freshman! I miss my two older ones so much. One of my most favorite things is when we are all together - just being together. My heart gets homesick for them.... I just went through some old pictures and it's funny how to see a picture, it can take you back to what was going on. Here are just a few...
Christmas time! I love it... I always want the kids to do the same old traditional things that make good memories, one is to make Christmas sugar cookies - Cortney is such a mess, she kept trying to get icing on the boys. the fake look, smile for Mom, this is so silly.....notice Cortney's fingers...
see I told you....
this one is of Greg Mc & Brennon on his birthday at Odessa, playing guitar hero. I got booo-ed!
this was one Mother's Day, time just goes too fast.
If you have babies close to home, enjoy - I am thankful that I can call them on the phone, but I just have a longing in my heart tonight, wish we could all be together more often. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with such great kids, that bring such joy to my life. I love ya...
Next day: This morning it hit me as I was doing my study, if I miss my kids and long for us to all be together....how much more God loves and desires for His children to be gathered together as one.
1 John 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!
My prayer today is to let His light be seen in me, God is light, help me to walk in the light... I pray for all the ones who are not saved, Lord please open our eyes to see the lost, to see their need for a Savior, and plant your seed...

No comments:

Followers

Why Christ is my Passion

The more I seek Christ in my walk, the more I find Him -
Psalm 18:1-2
I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
thank u Jesus